Casper mattress first appeared in 2014 and owing to its good marketing soon became one of the most popular internet mattresses. It was re-designed twice but all of these mattresses passed tests of good quality and comfort.
It is all foam mattress which means that it is extremely comfortable. It consists of four layers of foam that are different.
- Top layer is 1.5″ of responsive poly foam that creates a cooling effect and provides the comfort for the mattress.
- Second layer is 1.5″ of memory foam. This layer offers pressure relief and support for all types of sleepers. Its density is 4 PFC.
- Third layer is 1.5″ of poly foam made to help ease sleepers into the base form. Its density is 2,5 PFC.
- Bottom layer is 5.0″ of support poly foam and it supports all previously mentioned layers. Its density is 1,8 PFC.
The memory foam is put below the top layer of poly foam so that you get better cooling and positive effects of poly foam while steel keeping the great support that you get from memory foam.
Cover of this mattress is simple and it has conventional design. It is made of white-colored fabric that runs from edge to edge. The top of the cover is stretchy and soft, made of materials from Belgium and the USA.
The cover is also porous which is of great importance for cooling effect all sleepers want.
The top of the cover is 100% polyester, side panels are 51% polyester and 49% polypropylene while the bottom layer is 100% polyester.
FIRMNESS AND SUPPORT
It is of medium firmness and it can be rated 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. The foam layers and materials were selected in a way to meet the needs of all sleepers.
The contour and hug of this mattress are fairly conventional. Poly foam eliminates the sharpness in the contour and there is a compression around your body.
The Casper mattress has very good support in all sleeping positions.
THREE CASPER DESIGNS
First Casper design is 9.5″ total thickness. 1.5″ latex, 1.5″ memory foam, 6.5″ support foam. $850 (Queen)
Second Casper design (it was released in May 2016) – 9.5″ total thickness. 1.5″ latex, 1.5″ memory foam, 1.5″ poly foam, 5.0″ support foam. $850 (Queen)
Third Casper design (it was released in January 2017; this is the contemporary version that is shipping to customers) – 9.5″ total thickness. 1.5″ response poly foam, 1.5″ memory foam, 1.5″ poly foam, 5.0″ support foam. $950 (Queen)
Prices vary from 550$ to 1150$ depending on the type of mattress you choose. It is more or less similar to prices of other mattress companies.
- Casper offers free shipping. It comes compressed in a box.
- You get 10-year warranty.
- Consumers are offered 100 day trial period.
- It is originally made in the USA, although some materials are from Belgium and Mexico.
- Weight: Queen-83 pounds King-103 pounds
IS THE CASPER MATTRESS THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU?
Casper is a high-quality mattress that provides medium firmness and great support for all sleepers. Poly foam and memory foam combination create a balance and pressure relief that all consumers need. The prices are reasonable and you can be sure that you get a great mattress at the best price. The shipping is free and you get your mattress in 2-7 days. Moreover, you are offered pretty long trial period so you can easily determine whether the Casper mattress is the right one for you or maybe not.
It is definitely one of the best mattresses you can find online.